Laboratory for EMC Tests
A VdS approval confirms the interference immunity of products against various environmental influences.
The VdS infrastructure, unique in Europe, as well as our advanced and continuously improved services (e.g. radio frequency tests up to three gigahertz, low-frequency disturbances on power cables, studies of radio transmission security) can also be used during the development phase.
In all technical areas of application, the number and functionality of electronic controls and systems is steadily increasing. Thus, the demand on availability, robustness and compatibility is also increasing. Even a single smartphone, for example, can impact technical facilities. Further, today's massive expansion of digital data services represents from the point of view of electromagnetic compatibility new challenges for designers of electronic devices. Also in the classical building security, wireless linked products are increasingly used as well.
Through the well-known technological and personnel-related quality of VdS laboratories as well as comprehensive and detailed reports certified products achieve a high level of acceptance, even on an international level.
Further focal points are declarations of conformity by the manufacturers and the CE marking. A large number of measurements and tests for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) can be performed to demonstrate conformity.
Testing of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC):
- DIN EN 61000-6-1 and -2, generic standard interference immunity
- DIN EN 61000-6-3 and -4, generic standard emitted interference
- DIN EN 50081-1 and -2, generic standard interference immunity (old)
- DIN EN 50082-1 and -2, generic standard emitted interference (old)
- DIN 50130-4, product family standards for EMC for alarm systems
- DIN 61326-1, product family standards for EMC for control technology and laboratory use
- DIN EN 50155, railway applications
- DIN EN 50121-3-2, railway applications
Tests of interference immunity:
- DIN EN 61000-4-2, Elektrostatische Entladungen
- DIN EN 61000-4-2, electrostatic discharge
- DIN EN 61000-4-3, high frequency up to 3 GHz
- DIN EN 61000-4-4, line-bound transient disturbances (Burst)
- DIN EN 61000-4-5, surge voltage (Surge)
- DIN EN 61000-4-6, line-bound HF
- DIN EN 61000-4-8/9, magnetic fields
- DIN EN 61000-4-11, mains voltage fluctuations and interruptions of the mains voltage
Tests of emitted Interferences:
- DIN EN 55011, ISM devices
- DIN EN 55022, information technology devices