Fire extinguishing systems is fire fighting with immediate response. Whether a fire breaks out at night in a deserted chemical plant or in the production area during the main shift: automatic fire extinguishing systems prevent any fire from spreading.
VdS approved installers of fire extinguishing systems have detailed technical knowledge, also coming from the VdS Training Center. They keep stocks of the necessary equipment and deliver quick response for maintenance. Ongoing quality controls continually improve the capabilities of these service providers and ensure optimum fire protection.
Defects often occur only during the construction phase - during the preliminary approval of the installer VdS also checks every extinguishing system in the planning phase as well as directly on the construction site.
VdS approved installation companies use VdS approved procedures and programs to calculate the dimension of the pipe networks of fire extinguishing systems. Every fire extinguishing system must be declared to VdS by the installer before starting the installation.
The VdS approval comprises of the following types of systems:
- Sprinkler systems
- Spray water extinguishing systems
- Foam extinguishing systems
- Spark detection, spark arresting and spark extinguishing systems
- CO2 fire extinguishing systems (low-pressure and high-pressure systems)
- Gas fire extinguishing systems (inert gases, halogenated hydrocarbons)
- Equipment protection systems
- Special extinguishing systems (for example, kitchen safety devices, oxygen reduction systems)
- Fine spraying systems (low pressure technology, high pressure technology)
A first approval is granted for a period of 30 months (so-called provisional approval); the final approval is granted for a period of four years.