This is because the main fire triggers are electrical defects - in computers, ventilation, lighting or the masses of sockets in every building.
A single kilo of smouldering plastic forms up to 2,500 cubic metres of flue gases containing thousands of toxic substances. These usually penetrate much faster than people can walk. Just a few breaths in a smoky room can burn up lungs and cause unconsciousness. And after two minutes, death. The toxic smoke also contaminates and corrodes production facilities, stored goods and the entire building envelope. It is also the main obstacle to rescue and fire-fighting operations.
In the aftermath of a fire damage...
With clearly proven reliability, these systems keep smoke damage as low as possible. They not only remove the toxic smoke gases, but also the stored heat of the fire - thus additionally preventing premature and often fatal failure of the building structure, e.g. the steel columns.