- in real test fires (detection of open fires and smouldering fires),
- in the unique sound measurement room,
- in the mechanical smoke generator,
- after artificial ageing,
- after shock and special impact and vibration tests,
- with temperature fluctuations,
- under difficult environmental conditions such as rust, electromagnetic influences etc.
VdS-approved detectors also score best with Stiftung Warentest and ZDF. And the WIK/ASW Enquete, the most comprehensive industry survey in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, proved for many years in a row (study 2016 with buying up WIK magazine unfortunately discontinued): the VdS quality seal is the most important purchasing criterion for fire protection experts.