What exactly are we testing?
Your VdS-approved smoke alarm devices have proven in extensive practical tests in the worldwide unique infrastructure of our Cologne laboratories that they reliably deliver the one decisive performance: Saving lives in the event of fire.
Functional safety is clearly proven
- in real test fires (detection of open as well as smouldering fires),
- in our unique acoustic measurement room,
- in the mechanical smoke generator,
- after artificial ageing,
- after shock and special impact as well as vibration tests,
- with temperature fluctuations,
- under difficult environmental conditions such as electromagnetic influences etc.
Always included (and clearly exceeded): German and EU fire protection standards, DIN + EN / CE / CPR and mostly also ISO.
VdS-approved smoke alarms also score best with the famous "foundation product test" and German state television. And the WIK/ASW Enquete, the most comprehensive sector survey in Europe, proved for many years in a row (unfortunately ending in 2016 with buying up of WIK magazine): the VdS Quality Seal is the most important purchasing criterion for fire protection experts.