The safeguards carried out by installation firms must comply with the following VdS guidelines:
- Security guidelines for businesses and companies (VdS 2333) or
- Security guidelines for households (VdS 691) or
- Planning and implementation of mechanical security guidelines (VdS 2537)
A first approval is granted for a period of 18 months (so-called provisional approval); the final approval is granted for a period of four years.
The services include one or more of the following areas:
- Retrofitting of doors
- Retrofitting of windows
- Installation of doors
- Installation of windows / glazing
- Mounting of grids
- Manufacturing of grids
- Installation of roller shutters
The services can also be provided in cooperation with craftsmen of the relevant discipline, provided that the qualifications of these partners are adequately demonstrated and that there are sufficient contractual connections.