Ageing processes can completely seal sprinklers – watertight.
Therefore, an important part of the "existing systems test" recommended + required by insurers e.g. according to DIN EN 12845:
The laboratory examination of installed sprinkler heads.
Certainty for you as fast as comprehensive due to the unique personnel + technical infrastructure of our laboratories.
And thanks to more than 112 years of expertise in ensuring the effectiveness of extinguishing systems, our experts immediately identify the causes of defects and impending damage (e.g. emerging deformations, a foreign matter content in the water requiring treatment, etc.).
Always included in the services of Europe's No.1 institute for fire protection (state-accredited): precise assistance to minimise identified risk scenarios – and thus prevent expensive destruction at an early stage.
Bonus: All tests (response temperature, flow rate, spray pattern etc.) including photo documentation + assessment guaranteed to be completed in 14 days.
- Wide range of tests for special techniques, new developments, customer-specific components etc. Does a pipe part look thin-walled to you, for example? Then wrap it up and we will play it safe for you.
- Globally accepted, detailed test report including precise photo documentation - should it be necessary to replace the sprinkler heads, you can use this important argumentation aid to prove exactly why this is needed.
- Would you like additional services? Everything for inspecting complete water extinguishing systems from a single source, also by supporting experts on site - just let us know what you need.
- 100% independence and highest objectivity proven in numerous accreditations (ISO, IEC, German state construction supervision, EU notification).
- As a technical pioneer, we set fire protection standards worldwide. Among other things, VdS-Guidelines, referred to by the safety press as "technical bibles", often form the basis of new international standards.
- New risks, new technologies? We already know them from our innovation tests, the damage analyses of the German Insurance Association (460 companies), participation in all relevant standards committees, over 30,000 plant inspections per year and continuous fire tests - we develop protective measures and inform our partners. 500 VdS experts secure your knowledge advantage.
Our experts will be happy to aid you with comprehensive advice + support, both in advance and in the event of identified risks.
We look forward to supporting you:
pbreidbach(at)vds.de +49 (0)221 77 66 - 6424