Companies that do not have their own cyber expertise will need external assistance. VdS strongly recommends these companies to seek out a VdS-recognized Cyber Security Consultant.
With the new VdS-10003 guidelines, VdS offers IT experts certification as a VdS-approved cyber security consultant. The VdS certification shows that they:
- are among the top experts in the field of cyber security,
- know the cyber guidelines VdS-10000 and other relevant VdS protection standards and be able to implement them for their customers
- have the experience and the knowledge to prepare SMEs precisely technically and organisationally for VdS-certified information security and
- always have the latest expert knowledge to be a reliable partner in updating and strengthening cyber security
The requirements for accreditation are essentially:
- Acknowledgment of the VdS 10003 guidelines
- Qualification records according to VdS 10003 Section 4.1.2
- Participation in the VdS 10000 - Guidelines for Information Security course (or equivalent)
- Successful specialist examination according to VdS 10003 Annex B Section B.1.1
Once these requirements are met, you can request accreditation.
Simply use our digital order form for this purpose.
After reviewing your credentials, the certification process will be initiated.
VdS accreditation as a consultant for Cyber Security is valid for four years and can be extended upon request.
To prepare for the specialized examination, we recommend acquiring fundamental knowledge of the central contents of the VdS 2007 and VdS 2333 guidelines in addition to attending the VdS course VdS 10000 – Guidelines for Information Security. As a participant in the mentioned course, you have the opportunity to take the examination immediately after completing the course. Please note that a separate registration is required for participation in the examination.